TRJFPB

TRJFPB

Wednesday 8 April 2015

Meet the Directors: Adam Buckingham

Adam Buckingam. Source: Thom Novi
Second in line for our series introducing the people behind TRJFPB is none other than Adam Buckingham! As the founder of TRJFPB he has played an integral part in getting the project off the ground (and continues to do so!). Find out more about what makes our founder tick below... 

Adam  was born in Nottingham, raised in Kent, studied Fine Art at arguably the best University in the World - Dartington College of Arts in Devon, he was a chef for 7 years,  cooked for the Queen, loves playing piano, guitar, percussion, long boarding, Snooker, Cycling, Chelsea F.C.  Animals. The Sea and sunshine (not necessarily in that order) make him happy and friends and family are his life. Adam truly believes that if people focused more on each other and less on financial gain that this World would be a much better place.

1. Why did you get onboard with The Real Junk Food Project?
Something resonated deeply with me when I saw the Guardian video about The Real Junk Food Project back in April last year. I was blown away by the idea and so utterly inspired by Adam Smith that I found their contact details and sent an email congratulating them for their efforts. It made sense to me and felt important, like every job and experience I'd had in my life had molded me to be apart of this project. I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up, until I saw that video and found an opportunity to be apart of this revolutionary concept.

2. Which phrase do you most overuse? 
Interception.
3. What’s your favourite dish?
I'm not gonna cook it but I'll order it from ZANZIBAR! Sorry, I can't hear that question without thinking of Tenacious D. I'm a sucker for a risotto and a roast and paella and Moules Mariniere. I don't really have a favourite dish, there are way too many!
4. How do you relax?
I enjoy the swim then sauna combo as well as basking in the Sun like a lizard (on the rare occasion that it's out). I also enjoy fine ales or a few glasses of red wine to unwind.
5. Who would you invite to your dream dinner party?
David Attenborough, Louis Theroux, Howard Marks, Gianfranco Zola, Steven Fry, Russell Brand, Patrick Stewart, Jimmi Hendrix, Rik Mayall, Bobby McFerrin, Robin Williams, Thom Yorke, Henri Charrière, David Nutt, Michael Mosley, Kurt Kobain, Dave Grohl and soooo many more, there wouldn't be enough surplus food to feed them all.  
6. Which book has had the greatest impact on your life so far? 
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.
7. What is your favourite smell?
Wood; sap, burning wood, fresh chopped, chipped, treated with wax, polish, or varnish. Yeah I love wood quite a bit.
8. Which living person do you most admire and why?
Edward Snowden - To do what he did, in the manner in which he did it, risking his life and family for the sake of our freedom is truly a heroic and altruistic act. He's enlightened us of the severity of corruption and deceitfulness of the state, which is supposed to be there to protect and serve the people in a democratic way. What a guy!
9. What do you like to listen to when you’re in the kitchen?
Queens of the Stone Age, Led Zeppellin, Radiohead, Jehst, Bonobo, Bob Marley, Cinematic Orchestra, Andy Paul, Lemon Jelly, Tool, Nirvana, Rage Against The Machine...
10. Where do you see The Real Junk Food Project in the future?
Hopefully I won't see one as soon as possible. Future generations will be sufficiently educated and legislative changes will take place meaning food is no longer so needlessly wasted. Until then I hope we can get a 7 day a week 'Pay as you feel' cafe up and running, with thriving workshops teaching people how to cook healthy food, grow food, live a zero waste sustainable lifestyle, all in a welcoming community atmosphere. I can honestly see that happening way sooner than I ever expected, no thanks to the incredible team of Directors and volunteers that I am honored to be working with and not to forget the outstanding community that come and bring the place to life and prevent food from going to waste.

This is the second post in our series introducing the people who make TRJFPB happen (as part of our crowdfunder campaign). To check out more posts in this series head over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment