TRJFPB

TRJFPB

Friday 8 May 2015

Meet Our Media Guru: Thom





Fourth in line for our series of posts introducing you to the people behind TRJFPB is our media guru, Thom! 

Thom has been exploring the mediums of photography, music and film-making for the last 10 years collaborating with artists around the country, producing music videos and documentaries. You can find more of his work here 


1. Why did you first get involved with TRJFPB? 
I got involved in the Junk Food Project, because out of all the paths available to me it had the most gravity and immediate importance. I felt like it was a place I could start utilising my skills for a cause that really mattered to me.

2. As our chief media guy, can you tell us a little bit about your role? 
I suppose to an extent I front the visual representation of the project, my photos and designs are used on all the social media, I am in charge of creating posters and flyers and the recent Crowdfunder film.

3. What obstacles do you come across? 
Obstacles I come across... My own shyness when going for a really special shot, sometimes I miss it as someone looks down the lens at me and I smile apologetically rather than taking the picture... But I'm working on that.

4. What do you like most about the role? 
I love that I'm able to contribute to such a fantastic cause in a way that people seem to appreciate and enjoy.

5. Do you prefer taking photographs of people or food?! 
I think people are much more interesting and dynamic to photograph than food.. But I'm learning a little about how to make a meal look just as nice on the eyes.

6. What's your favourite dish? 
I am a massive fan of Japanese cuisine. Sushi - Any day.

7. Who would you invite to your dream dinner party? 
Charlie Kaufman, Bjork, Gilles Peterson, Melanie De Biasio, Tolkien, Jonathon Glazer, Mulatu Astatke, Michael Gira, Thich Nhat Hahn, Thom Yorke, Laurie Anderson... And you lot.

8. What do you like to listen to in order to get your creativity flowing? 
Hm.. It normally works the other way around. I listen to music to relax.

9. How do you relax after a hard days work? 
In my hammock, with a good film or album.

10. Where do you see the real junk food project in the future? 
Hopefully it won't be necessary. But in the meantime, I hope it will grow and spread like it's been doing so far, Becoming more solid, with a clear voice and influence. Something with which we can bring about real change.

No comments:

Post a Comment